Neurological Disorder - Natural Treatments
Neurological pain can be extremely difficult to tolerate. A neurological disorder is a problem with the body's nervous system, and can arise from a host of sources, such as trauma, disease, stroke, infection, nerve degeneration, and exposure to toxic chemicals. Nerve pain can be a persistent burning sensation, or shooting, sharp pain. Chinese acupuncture can be used to treat conditions resulting from neurological disorder by working directly with the central nervous system. Some common conditions that can be treated with acupuncture include:
• Peripheral Neuropathy—Peripheral neuropathy is damage to the peripheral nervous system, a large complicated network of nerves that communicate with the central nervous system (the brain and spine). An example is neuropathy of the feet found in diabetics.
• Headaches—These include migraines, tension headaches, stress-related headaches, headaches related to the menstrual cycle and sinus headaches.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome—Pain caused by pressure on the median nerve in the wrist due to swelling and overuse.
• Trigeminal Neuralgia—Pain in the face, affected by the trigeminal nerve that governs communication from face, jaw and gums to the brain.
• Stroke—In a stroke, communication with the central nervous system is interrupted and disordered by a disturbance in the blood supply to the brain.
These conditions, and other neurological disorders, can seriously diminish quality of life for those who suffer from them. Chinese acupuncture stimulates the brain to release natural chemicals like neurotransmitters and opiods, reducing sensitivity to pain. The release of endorphins can reduce inflammation that can cause or result from nerve pain.
Chinese Natural Health provides neurology service in the Boston, MA area to patients suffering from neurological disorders. With careful and compassionate treatment, you can find relief from your neurological disorder symptoms. Contact Chinese Natural Health today and schedule an appointment to find relief and healing.